Like many other people the Russians are famous for their own peculiar customs and traditions kept through centuries.
It's common with the Russians:
· to wake up early in the morning and to go to bed late at night;
· when visiting somebody, the Russians always carry a kind of souvenir or a bottle of light wine, or a carton of chocolates. A hostess should be given flowers and children - sweets or toys;
· it's the custom with the Russians to treat guests to Shchi (vegetable soup); bliny (pancakes) with butter or caviar; meat and mushrooms; potatoes (chips or mashed potatoes); salted fish, vodka and pickled cucumbers;
· the odd number of flowers can be presented, only;
· it's a usual thing to let women, elder people and children seat in public transport.